May I mention how cool Jekyll is? I achieved the following:
- Forked a whole blog (yes, a whole blog, git is great too) from James.
- Vimmed and ackked my way through, changing all James’ references to my own
- Wrote my first post
- Set up feedburner to point to the correct blog
- Aggregated my blog feed on our new staff blogs feed.
- Set up Disqus for commenting
But how long, how long, I hear you ask? Twenty minutes, that’s how long. Previously I spent about three hours fiddling around with drupal to set up my last blog. The joys of simple tools, doing one thing stupidly well.